Thursday, November 1, 2012

Reading: The Food Movement: It's Power and Possibilities

This afternoon I took a little mental break to read France Moore Lappe's essay The Food Movement: Its Power and Possibilities. It's an interesting and positive article. I was surprised the first half focused on the plight of the farm worker and their poor conditions. They are definitely a piece of the picture I know I myself never think of, so a great way to help keep perspective on the cost of food. Also something new to me - reading about the IAASTD report that debunks the fact that productivism is helping keep the world fed - I'm going to have to track that down and read that too!


1 comment:

  1. Just read this article as well and was decidedly surprised. Considering the growing population and the inescapable reality of climate change, this served as a good reminder about where our food comes from and how it is produced.

    ReplyDelete