Thursday, November 15, 2012

Crushing Weight

Good news everyone. My back squat is up 82% over my last PR. Wonder what today's WOD is? I hope it doesn't include wall balls or HSPUs.

Oops. Sorry about that. I've been doing CrossFit for about six months now (I'm the guy in the blue shirt hanging awkwardly from the bar) and get a little caught up in the lingo.

Truth is, I started CF because I was bored and needed a shock to the system. I needed a way to push myself and really test what the body could accomplish. So far, I like it. But CF is a lifestyle thing. From the beginning, they say its a waste without the diet. And the diet is the only part I haven't bought into. I'm a bit of a struggler. I'm good then bad then good then bad again. I get lazy, I think I deserve certain horrible meals and other times, I just don't care.

But I pay for it. Every morning. The worse I eat, the worse it hurts. I'm writing now as a bit of a check in. As an admission. Soon. Soon I will finally change my diet. Because you're not fully bought in until you're diet comes around. And I want to be bought in.

I really do hate wall balls though.


No comments:

Post a Comment